Source: http://www.ifight365.com/2011/08/del-rio-to-cash-in-tonight-axxess-news-results-more/
Source: http://www.ifight365.com/2011/08/del-rio-to-cash-in-tonight-axxess-news-results-more/
Vitor Belfort was on top of the world following his devastation of Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 133. Lean and trim for his second UFC fight down at middleweight, Belfort exorcised many of the demons from his awful front kick knockout loss at the hands of UFC middleweight king Anderson Silva. At the UFC 133 postfight press conference, he was brimming with confidence and called out the champ.
"If he didn't throw that kick, this would've happened to him. He knows that," Belfort said. "I would like to fight the winner of [Yushin] Okami and Anderson."
Okami and Silva meet later this month at UFC 134. The loss to Silva served as a wake up call. The 34-year-old has renewed vigor.
"I was hungry in the gym. It was even hard to find sparring partners. My speed? I think I'm faster than before," Belfort said. "Some said I was 'vintage Vitor.' I'm telling you in this division, whatever I hit, I make sure that people go down."
Belfort warned other middleweights about standing with him, and don't even try that Anderson front kick.
"Someone in the weight division trades hands with me ... the next time we bring pillows for people," said Belfort. [...] I was part of the past, I'm part of the present and I'm a big part of the future."
Next up for the UFC on the pay-per-view docket is Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. As a Brazilian, Belfort is jacked for the event.
"Bring as many shows as possible to Brazil. We're going to overcome soccer in three years. [...] I'm not a crazy dreamer, this is a reality," said Belfort.
After his rough loss against Silva at UFC 126, Belfort fell pretty far down the ladder, but that doesn't mean he can't back into the hunt quickly. If he produces a few more nasty KO finishes, he's right back in the mix.
It's a good time in the UFC's middleweight division. Belfort can probably turn around quickly, and would be a great fill in there are any injuries before the Chris Leben-Mark Munoz fight in November in England or Chael Sonnen-Brian Stann in October in Houston.
Rashad Evans Urijah Faber Wagnney Fabiano Kevin Kimbo Slice Ferguson
Ronda Rousey talking Strikeforce debut, bringing attention to women’s MMA is a post from: MMA Interplay UFC News
Filed under: MMA Rumors
Junie Browning, the former Ultimate Fighter bad boy who was cut by the UFC after an arrest in 2009, has his biggest fight since then on Saturday night, on the MMA Fight Pit: Genesis pay-per-view. But if Friday's weigh-in is any indication, Browning still doesn't have his head screwed on right. Browning weighed in at 162.25 pounds for the lightweight fight, or 7.25 pounds over the limit. A fighter coming in overweight by any amount is unprofessional, but coming in overweight by that much is absolutely inexcusable. Browning's opponent, Jacob Clark, also came in overweight, at 158 pounds. MMA Fight Pit says both fighters will be fined per pound over 155, although there was no word on how much the fine would be. All the other fighters on the card made weight, some taking advantage of the two-pound buffer that MMA Fight Pit and the New Mexico Athletic Commission allowed. The full weigh-in results are below. 205 lbs. - Houston Alexander (205 ½) vs. Razak Al-Hassan (204)
Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments
Source: http://mmafighting.com/2011/08/12/junie-browning-way-overweight-for-mma-fight-pit-genesis-bout/
Filed under: MMA Rumors
Junie Browning, the former Ultimate Fighter bad boy who was cut by the UFC after an arrest in 2009, has his biggest fight since then on Saturday night, on the MMA Fight Pit: Genesis pay-per-view. But if Friday's weigh-in is any indication, Browning still doesn't have his head screwed on right. Browning weighed in at 162.25 pounds for the lightweight fight, or 7.25 pounds over the limit. A fighter coming in overweight by any amount is unprofessional, but coming in overweight by that much is absolutely inexcusable. Browning's opponent, Jacob Clark, also came in overweight, at 158 pounds. MMA Fight Pit says both fighters will be fined per pound over 155, although there was no word on how much the fine would be. All the other fighters on the card made weight, some taking advantage of the two-pound buffer that MMA Fight Pit and the New Mexico Athletic Commission allowed. The full weigh-in results are below. 205 lbs. - Houston Alexander (205 ½) vs. Razak Al-Hassan (204)
Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments
Source: http://mmafighting.com/2011/08/12/junie-browning-way-overweight-for-mma-fight-pit-genesis-bout/